Thursday 20 March 2014

Main Project (cont'd)

I have contacted Qlandkarte GT upstream about AArch64 porting and was told that since that package is strictly built in C and C++, it should compile just fine, as long as all the dependencies are compatible and present. So no major porting effort is needed. However I am still curious if I can build it on AArch64, so I will at least continue with that effort.

Going forward with my attempt to build Qlandkarte GT on AArch64 I ran into some issues trying to install the dependencies. After trying to yum install qt4-devel I got a list of all the dependencies that will be installed and a prompt asking me to proceed, so I did, only to get error about there being no download mirrors for those dependencies. I was advised to yum clean all, but that only gave me an error of not being able to connect to the repositories...

Well after receiving another hint to look at my resolver, I did realize I had the wrong nameserver, which I promptly changed to Google's 8.8.8.8 and finally got the ball rolling. This made me realize that yum's cached data tricked me into thinking I had an Internet connection by listing the files and asking me to install.

With that resolved I have managed to install most of the dependencies except for GDAL, which I have to try and build manually. This is where I have left off, I'll update on how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment