Sunday 6 April 2014

Projects Update #3

Finally got around to posting one more after a few days of trying to figure out my last problem with the projects

Qlandkarte GT
As stated previously, I have been completely blocked by not being able to build qtwebkit on aarch64. Well unfortunately I can't say there has been very much progress in this area, it has almost turned into a project in of its own. I afraid I am still battling with the same wall or errors I have been getting the last time, specifically with MacroAssembler that is being generated during build time of the package. At the moment I cannot post much more as I am still looking at the MacroAssember.h file that was produced in the /root/rpmbuild/BUILD/webkit-qtwebkit-23/Source/JavaScriptCore/assembler/ directory. I hope I can get a step in the right direction very soon.

GCC-XML
As I explored deeper into my problem while building the project an aarch64, using cmake, I have discovered a plethora of files specific for each individual architecture, one of which included ARM. ARM being the closest the have to aarch64, I had a glance there and found out that there is specific code for various ARM cores, as well as code for float point arithmetics and much more... Oh boy. If I get a break from qtwebkit, I will try to just blatantly change all arm to aarch64 and see if that will fly. Otherwise, I might be neck deep in trying to figure out how to cater this for aarch64.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment