Wednesday 16 April 2014

Project Updates (Final)

Well, with the little time that I had, I dabbled with the Eina package, trying to get it t build for AArch64, but I can't say I have had any luck with it. Doesn't look like there is any AArch64 support for it, and I did not have enough time to try and get to the bottom of why that is.

Seeing how this is my last post, for this course at least, I must leave it with a conclusion and my overall thoughts. Well it's been a ride, for sure. It seemed like surprisingly long 4 months, but I definitely feel like I've come quite a long way. Knowing nothing about assembly and very minimal knowledge about architectures, I must say this course has definitely left me with a solid foundation for those topics that I can easily build up on. And even though I haven't put together any patches for the open source projects I was looking at, I've gained much knowledge of where and how about the open source communities and contribution procedures. Last but not least, as a previously very minimal Linux user, this course has forced me to quickly adapt and learn my way around the OS and taught me to appreciate it a whole lot more. Looks like I'll be leaving it installed on my PC (as a dual boot).

If anyone in Seneca is looking into getting their feet wet in the open source contribution and learning their way around the process itself, I must say, SPO600 is definitely the way to go. Best part about the course, of course, is the lack of the exam, ha-ha.

As I said, I will be taking a lot of useful knowledge away with me from this semester and definitely looking at expanding on that knowledge in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment